Sunday, April 28, 2024

 INTRODUCTION


My name is Janice Handsaker and I have been doing family research on the Handsaker family for almost 30 years. My initial goal was to find out what happened to my Grandfather Edward Clow Handsaker who left my Dad and Uncle orphans after his wife died in 1918 from influenza. He just disappeared and my Dad never heard from him again,.


Dad told me growing up that we did not have any Handsaker relatives, so what a surprise to find out there were many Handsaker’s especially here in Oregon. It took me 25 years to find out what happened to Edward (will be in a future blog post) but during that time I have learned about many Handsaker family members and met quite a few of them.


The purpose of this blog is to share information and stories about Handsakers to anyone who is interested. Each blog entry will profile a Handsaker or someone connected to the Handsaker family.


There are many different stories for the Handsaker’s I have learned about. Some have happy stories, some sad stories, some are notorious, and others are just interesting.


I hope you enjoy reading about the Handsaker family!


No comments:

Post a Comment